Circular imports have you down? Looking for a better way to build mid-to-large scale systems? Pop that flask into your hip pocket and take a brisk walk to clear your head.
What is it?¶
Flask-HipPocket is a collection of convenience wrappers for the already intensely useful Flask web framework.
At its core are two classes:
- Enable centralized URL mapping based on
LazyLoaderfrom Flask’s documentation
- A wrapper to enable running setup tasks on a Flask application at startup.
HipPocket itself also comes with two pre-defined tasks:
- Load blueprints from a package and auto-register them with Flask To add a new blueprint to an autoloading application simply drop in a sub-package and reload your server.
- Add basic error responses for all HTTP error codes.
Can I use it?¶
It depends on your requirements. Some things to consider:
- It is currently alpha software.
- It is licenced under the MIT licence.
- It does not yet have full test coverage.
- It has limited documentation.